The Coalition of Provincial and Territorial Advisory Councils on the Status of Women consists of provincial and territorial advisory bodies from across the country dedicated to advancing women’s issues within their individual regions but who come together in the interest of women on a national level. It was formed after the federal government eliminated the Canadian Advisory Council on the Status of Women in 1995.
The Coalition gathers every year for an annual meeting to reinforce the work being done, while also sharing resources and best practices. The next Coalition meeting will take place in New Brunswick in September 2016.
Linda Ross, President/CEO of PACSW, is currently the Chair of the Coalition.
Please see below a list of the Advisory Councils across the country:
- Voices of New Brunswick Women Consensus-Building Forum
- NS Advisory Council on the Status of Women
- PEI Advisory Council on the Status of Women
- Québec Conseil du statut de la femme
- MB Women’s Advisory Council
- Status of Women Council of the NWT
- Qulliit Nunavut Status of Women Council
- YK Advisory Council on Women’s Issues